Keys using the Xper3
Identification of a species is achieved in several steps by elimination:
Select a first descriptor (eg. Hind femur) in no particular order of
1) Select a state (long, narrow, keeled ...).
2) Click on the thumbnails to view full size.
4) Repeat the process until obtaining the name of the species selected
according to your criteria. The species that do not meet the selection
criteria are gradually eliminated at each stage of the process.
Java 6 or more needs to be active on your PC
- Windows (https://www.java.com/fr/download/manual.jsp
- OSX MacIntel :
- Old Mac PPC install Java 5 (https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/13295/apple-java-for-mac-os-x-10.5
A must read
to understand how Xper3 works: Jouveau
et al., 2018.
Zookeys 758: 55-73
Identification keys have been tested with :
macOS 10.13 with Firefox 60, Safari
11, Chrome 65, Opera 52
Mac OSX 10.6.8 with Firefox 48, Safari 5.1.10., Opera 12.16
Windows 10 with Edge 11 et Chrome 41.0.
The first connection to Xper3 is now much faster.
using the general key
from a genera
of species cards*
The add Tile
Tabs WE 9.2
of Firefox allows you to display multiple tabs
simultaneously on the screen. Useful for comparing maps or photos.
Note to users:
By reporting any difficulties encountered, particularly states and
modalities of descriptors you will help us to develop the keys.